- 1 pork loin roast (2 1/2 to 3 lb)
- 2 Tablespoons Applewood Chipotle Rub
- 1 cup water
- Rinse the pork loin and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Liberally rub the meat with the Applewood Chipotle Rub
- Tightly wrap the meat in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Heat a dutch oven, large pot or cast iron skillet to medium high heat and sear meat on all sides, just until browned.
- Add the 1 cup of water to the slow cooker and transfer the seared meat to the slow cooker.
- Cover, set slow cooker to high and cook for 5-6 hours.
- Carefully remove meat from slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board. Let meat rest about 5-10 minutes
- Shred meat with 2 forks and transfer back to the slow cooker to combine with the liquid remaining from cooking.
- Serve hot.