- 1 3.5 lb roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons 18 Spice Chicken Rub
- 2 large carrots, cut into large pieces
- 4 stalks of celery, halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken, discard or save for making chicken stock
- Starting at the neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers between the skin and meat and gently pushing to separate.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place bird, breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine oil and 18 Spice Seasoning Blend in a bowl.
- Rub seasoning mixture under the loosened skin and over the breasts and drumsticks.
- Place carrots, celery and onion inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Twist wingtips under the back of the bird and tie the legs together with kitchen string or wire.
- Roast in an uncovered pan 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh reads 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven, tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.