- 4 Cups pinto beans, cooked and still in juice or 3 14oz cans pinto beans
- 4 Slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Cups fresh chopped tomatoes, or 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes in juice
- ¼ Cup jalapenos, diced small
- 1 Cup onion, diced
- 1 Chipotle ‘Morita’, rehydrated and diced small
- ½ Cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Adobo Seasoning
- 1 12oz bottle dark Mexican beer
- Kosher Salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Add onion, and jalapenos and cook for 3 minutes. Add Chipotle and tomatoes and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Add beans, Adobo Seasoning and cilantro and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add beer and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapeno and red onion and serve!